Thursday, July 3, 2014

New things and stuff!

Hey all.
So lately I have tried a few new products and also fallen back in love with some old ones that have been floating around my makeup bag, purse, etc. Some are amazing, some are horrible, and some are just in the middle. In any case, I figured I would post this so that in case you have a product listed that you wanted to try, you have someone's honest opinion on it!
Here ya go!

Airspun Loose Powder (In the shade translucent, extra coverage)
Around 7 dollars

I have always loved this powder because of the smell. My mom used to use this powder when I was growing up and every Halloween, she'd set our cat, bunny, bride, and so on face make up with this stuff. It was awesome! I was using this powder for a while and then stopped for some reason. I don't know what that reason was. It keeps my combo skin shine free, makes my make up last, and again, the smell is nice.
I will say that this product does tend to make my face, ghostly white, a tan-ish shade when I use a heavier hand. However, if I only use a small amount it is perfectly fine.


E.L.F. Studio Cosmetics Mineral Infused Face Primer (I have the green tinted one to cancel out redness)
Around 6 dollars

This is a pretty good primer, actually. I never was into using a primer until this summer, really. It has just been so hot that my make up has been literally sliding off of my face. Gross. Anyway, this primer is cheap, blurs my pores, and creates an even base for my foundation to go over top of. I have the green tinted one, and I am not sure it actually cancels out any redness. I also have heard that there are parabens in it, which kind of freaks me out a little bit...but I'm sure most of my skincare products and hair care products do too. Overall, this is a great primer if you want to try one out for the first time. I've even applied this lightly to my eyelids before applying my Rimmel powder and it acts as a very good eye shadow base/primer!

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Translucent)
Around 4 dollars

This stuff is amazing! I have to say, it gives my Airspun loose powder a run for it's money. It's cheaper, does not leave my face a different color, and it also smells nice! I find I don't need to use very much of this powder at all and my face stays matte all day long. No shine what so ever! However, you need to be a little careful when it comes to touching up your makeup. I find that if I go to touch up my face with this powder, it can become a little too cakey on my face. Over all, best and cheapest drug store powder!

Nyx Cosmetics Eyebrow Cake Powder (Brunette)
Around 6 dollars

I have never been one to fill in my eyebrows but this stuff has really changed my mind. Your eyebrows really do frame your face. It also helps to make your makeup look that much more polished. That being said, this product is awesome. The first time I tried it, though, I used the brush it came with and my brows looked super duper dark. I happened to have an old angle brush and that worked much better! Use a light hand and be patient. Just follow the natural shape of your eyebrows and you'll be fine. It also comes with brow wax for keeping those pesky hairs in place. I also think it is a good price considering that this will last me forever.

DO NOT BUY
Maybelle Fit Me Stick Foundation
Around 5 dollars
This product is the only one I HATE with a passion. It was just nasty. I applied it to one half of my face and then as I was applying it to the other half of my face, the side I had already applied melted off! Just melted off like...like...like something that melts! It claims to have an anti-shine/powder core to the stick and it just is false advertising. It did not provide any coverage what so ever, either...ya know for the 2 seconds it did manage to stay on my face.This product also made me break out. Not nice. I returned it and stuck to my Loreal True Match foundation.

That's all for now. I hope some of you found this useful!
Take care and don't forget to breathe :)

--Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment