Monday, May 19, 2014

15 minutes a day work out.

Hey all.
So I've realized that setting goals of working out EVERY single day for half an hour, up to two hours, every day...is just not realistic for me right now. I think this is a big reason that I stopped working out for about 3 weeks. Anyway, I've now committed myself to working out 2-4 days a week, aiming for 3 days a week, for 15-20 minutes at a time. This way, I feel I have no excuse for not working out. 15 or 20 minutes a day is an easy enough time to set aside!

So here are some work outs I've been doing for those 15-20 minutes :)

I always start out with this warm up before doing any yoga routine:



Then, I will usually do one, or if I'm feeling really good, two of the following:













Then, I usually cool down by doing some light stretching or one of the following yoga videos:




I have to admit, I absolutely HATE doing any ab work out. HATE it. But, when a video is less than 10 minutes long for the abs, I feel I can better commit to it and actually get up and do it. The goal right now for me is to keep up with the workouts as best as I can 15-20 minutes a day, 3 or more days a week. Hopefully once I make this a habit, I can create bigger, yet attainable goals for myself when it comes to my workouts :)

I hope this was helpful to some of you!
Don't forget to breathe.

--Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment