Friday, August 15, 2014

Goodbye.

Today I am emptying out my jar of negative thoughts and emotions. In a previous post, I wrote about my jar, you can read more about it here. Basically, I took a jar and filled it with some water from the ocean. I then took some rocks from the beach as well. Any time I would feel anxious, upset, lost, whatever...I would write down one word to describe how I was feeling. I would then drop it into the jar. I started a little bit after my father had passed away and I found it to be really helpful. I have 7 months of negative emotions and so on saved in that jar. These things I don't need to hold onto because, ultimately, they don't help me in my life. They no longer serve me. So, off I go to the beach to rid myself of them.

"Worthless,scared,unknown,lost,grief,guilt,sadness,depressed,anxious,phobia,doubt,judged....." All these and more no longer serve me. So peace,to you!

I hope this was helpful. Don't forget to breathe.
--Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment