Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Holy clear skin!

A while ago I posted a blog about acne/skin care and so on and I had mentioned a product I had been meaning to try for a while...Lush's 'Fresh Farmacy.'  This is perhaps the best acne product I have ever spent money on, holy crapola.   I've only been using it for about a month, month and a half and my skin is pretty much acne-free.  There's only one or two tiny bumps and I know they'll be gone tomorrow.

HOLY. SHIT. THIS. SHIT. IS. AMAZING!

Okay so it looks like this (3.5 oz):




And here's the video that is on the website when you look up the product:


Seriously, this shit is THE shit. After struggling for years and years and YEARS with acne, it's maybe the one product I've ever tried that has not made me break out even more, has not made my skin dry or crackly, and it has only improved the way my skin looks and feels. I can't even say enough about this product.  The only draw back is the price, perhaps.

It's about 10 bucks, which was about what I was paying for my previous face wash. But because I don't have a Lush store close to me, I have to have it shipped...so it costs about 16-17 bucks every time I run out, which I have yet to do.  However, I think it will last a while.

When I first got it, I sliced off a few chunks with a butter knife before realizing you don't really have to do that.  All I do is wet my face after I take my make up off, pinch of a pea sized little bit of the bar and rub it between my hands until it lathers up.  It's AMAZING. It doesn't have a harsh smell, but you can certainly smell the good stuff in this.  It kind of smells like chamomile tea with some coalmine lotion mixed in...sort of. Scents....

I use a lot less make up, a lot less moisturizer, and almost no concealer (except for acne marks that haven't faded enough yet).  Today, seriously, I went out of the house and contemplated wearing any make up at all. THAT'S HOW GOOD IT IS. If you know me, you know what a big deal this is. I haven't left the house with out at least foundation and concealer and powder since...well since before I had acne.

In the end, I wound up wearing only a small amount of my loreal true match foundation and NO concealer. NO concealer?!?!?!?! I haven't done that since....since....EVERDOM! Okay, what else did I want to say?

I wanted to say how much I love Lush's website.  For every product on there, they list (and most of the time will have a picture) of all the ingredients in the soap/lotion/etc that they are selling.  Most of their products are 100% vegan,which is good ( I eat animal products and by-products but when it comes to soap/beauty things its nice to know there's no animal 'parts' or testing). Also, if you click on any ingredient, it gives you a description of what it is and how it benefits your skin : ) .

I also wanted to say how I store the face wash.  Since it's a bar-formed type of face wash, it's a little messier than just having a bottle that you can keep on your bathroom sink.  However, I've found the easiest way to store it is in a Tupperware container by the sink.  You can also save the wrapper it comes with and store it in there, which I wish I would have done...but didn't...'cause I suck lol.

OH! And when you order online, not sure about the store, but when you order online, they give you free samples of things! :) Since I only spent a small amount of money, getting just one product, I only got one free sample but they do give you a good-sample size.  This time I got 'Bohemian' soap and there's literally lemon slices in it :) It smells amazing.  I would definitely recommend Lush for any one of their products.  You can tell they really care about what goes into them and they're made with love, not in some factory.

(All videos, pictures, etc. were found at Lushusa.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment