Friday, May 22, 2015

Mindful Friday.

I'm thinking of doing a new thing on here called, "Mindful Friday." I'm not sure if it'll be every Friday or just any day I feel like posting about mindfulness, but eh, here we go.

I found this quote on Pintrest:

I've been so wrapped up in working, saving money, student loans, finding a 'real job,' and so on...Some times the worry starts to consume me and I get anxious about...well, LIFE. There are certain times I can do tons of  yoga, contemplative thinking (or whatever ya wanna call it), or meditation...and the worry just never subsides. 

Anxiety does that, I'm-not-going-to-listen-to-what-you-tell-me-to-do-thing, ya know. I think a lot of my problem has to do with how much pressure I put on myself. 

I don't expect my life to be perfectly laid out; life just doesn't work that way. But I do want things to start moving into a more adult-hood-like direction. This means getting the 'real job' and moving out and thinking about future-y things. 

It's extremely terrifying. 

When I saw this quote, it really reminded me to focus on what matters in life. Being mindful is difficult for me, but thinking about things with a purpose in mind seems to help. I know things will work out in the end, I really do. My anxiety-doubtful-mind doesn't seem to agree with that notion all the time. Life just doesn't happen, you have to be an active participant in order to see change. However, once you've done the participating-bit, you kind of have to sit back and wait for the pieces to all fall into place. You really can't speed it up any way, and you can't change how those pieces fit at times.  

I think this post was rather rambly. I apologize. I'm just doing a bit of reflecting, as ya do at times.

Don't forget to breathe.

--Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment