Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Awh, yeah...here we go. New stuff.


Alright...so it's come to my attention that....I EAT LIKE CRAP.
Seriously.
Even with cutting out soda, (unless I go to taco bell because all they offer is soda....and Baha Blast is awesome) I still eat mostly bad stuff. I mean, it's just sort of the lazy and easy way out, really. Here's some pros and cons of eating badness.
Pros:
  • Eating your feelings feels much better with cheese fries than it does a salad.
  • It's usually cheaper.
  • It usually is more quick than anything healthy.
  • No need to worry about reading ingredients!
  • Organic, what?
  • If most of your friends do it, it's easier to do it yourself, too.
  • And so on.
Cons:
  • You feel like crap. 
  • Always tired.
  • You get sick more often because your immune system is shot (I think).
  • No energy and you feel like doing nothing.
  • Gaining weight in all the wrong places.
  • Improved self-esteem/body image.
  • More motivated to do other things, such as going to the beach (not me lol) or doing more physical activities because it isn't as straining as it was before.
  • All those other health risks and such that come with eating bad things.
  • And blah, blah, blah.
So...pretty much the last few weeks I've been thinking about making a change in my diet/exercise routine(s)...but I haven't actually put those thoughts into action...And just talking about something you want to do without actually doing it? Well, is suckish.  So I've decided to keep a food journal for now, and eventually keep an exercise journal as well. I'm trying to take baby steps at first so that I don't get discouraged and dive head first into a vat of cheese fries (god I love those). Anyway, I'm not saying I'm totally changing my eating habits today...but making small changes every day and being more aware of what I'm putting into my body-is my goal :)

For example, this morning I've eaten:
An egg with cheese sandwich on rye bread,a fruit salad with one kiwi and two small handfuls of blueberries, and a glass of water.

I had white bread to eat it on, but I chose the rye over it because...well it's better than white bread, right?

Small changes like this is what I am aiming for, for now. Eventually, I hope to increase those changes more and more until I only eat healthy things. I get sick a lot, have no energy, and I just feel bloated and blah most of the time. I just want to feel better on a day to day basis...the losing weight thing will come later. I don't even need to lose weight, I just want to not get winded when I walk from my car into the house....which happens and is scary.....

 The problem isn't because I don't know what to eat/buy, or that I don't like healthy food. In fact I love healthy foods. However, I know it's going to be a challenge mostly because I am financially strapped for money...but I think I can manage 20 bucks every one to two weeks to buy some fruit and veggies, you know? I mean, thinking about it, that money was most likely going to go to taco bell or a wawa something or other, anyway. May as well spend it on something good. The other thing I'm finding out is that, when I have time, I really like to cook and I like to cook healthier things more than not so healthy things. I joined tumblr a month or so ago and a lot of pages on there are devoted to healthy eating/recipes/exercise and it's been more helpful than anything else.

Anyway, I may put my food journal on here every day or on my tumblr, but I think it may be too much with work and everything, but I'll see. I also am really interested in making healthy drinks/smoothies and so I really want a ninja blender for that or a juicer (hint hint, birthday gift :P).

I just figure that if I don't want to feel like crap, I shouldn't eat crap. Of course I am not saying I'll become one of those health freaks or anything like that, but I do want to feel better and feel better about myself.  There ya go...my two and twenty cents on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment