Alright...so it's come to my attention that....I EAT LIKE CRAP.
Even with cutting out soda, (unless I go to taco bell because all they offer is soda....and Baha Blast is awesome) I still eat mostly bad stuff. I mean, it's just sort of the lazy and easy way out, really. Here's some pros and cons of eating badness.
- Eating your feelings feels much better with cheese fries than it does a salad.
- It's usually cheaper.
- It usually is more quick than anything healthy.
- No need to worry about reading ingredients!
- Organic, what?
- If most of your friends do it, it's easier to do it yourself, too.
- And so on.
- You feel like crap.
- Always tired.
- You get sick more often because your immune system is shot (I think).
- No energy and you feel like doing nothing.
- Gaining weight in all the wrong places.
- Improved self-esteem/body image.
- More motivated to do other things, such as going to the beach (not me lol) or doing more physical activities because it isn't as straining as it was before.
- All those other health risks and such that come with eating bad things.
- And blah, blah, blah.
For example, this morning I've eaten:
An egg with cheese sandwich on rye bread,a fruit salad with one kiwi and two small handfuls of blueberries, and a glass of water.
I had white bread to eat it on, but I chose the rye over it because...well it's better than white bread, right?
Small changes like this is what I am aiming for, for now. Eventually, I hope to increase those changes more and more until I only eat healthy things. I get sick a lot, have no energy, and I just feel bloated and blah most of the time. I just want to feel better on a day to day basis...the losing weight thing will come later. I don't even need to lose weight, I just want to not get winded when I walk from my car into the house....which happens and is scary.....
The problem isn't because I don't know what to eat/buy, or that I don't like healthy food. In fact I love healthy foods. However, I know it's going to be a challenge mostly because I am financially strapped for money...but I think I can manage 20 bucks every one to two weeks to buy some fruit and veggies, you know? I mean, thinking about it, that money was most likely going to go to taco bell or a wawa something or other, anyway. May as well spend it on something good. The other thing I'm finding out is that, when I have time, I really like to cook and I like to cook healthier things more than not so healthy things. I joined tumblr a month or so ago and a lot of pages on there are devoted to healthy eating/recipes/exercise and it's been more helpful than anything else.
I just figure that if I don't want to feel like crap, I shouldn't eat crap. Of course I am not saying I'll become one of those health freaks or anything like that, but I do want to feel better and feel better about myself. There ya go...my two and twenty cents on the matter.