Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Reaction Wednesday.

Sooo I wasn't feeling the need to write a Reaction Wednesday blog post today...but then I did...Because sometimes I just don't understand some people. I was watching Youtube, as you do when you're bored and don't want to go to sleep yet...and I came across Freelee the Banana Girl's Youtube page. This woman is...wow. She makes her money on Youtube by basically lambasting other people and how those people choose to live their lives.

A little background about her, according to her website/Youtube channel:

  • She has a degree in nutrition as well as other related studies
  • She is a fully raw, vegan
  • Passionate about helping others
  • Says she 'critiques popular bullshit diets'
  • She's also an author
  • And so on...blah blah blah

First of all, if you go to her channel, almost every single video is a 'response' to someone else's life, lifestyle choices, and so on. I don't have a problem with someone doing this in a constructive way...but she doesn't. She completely destroys them. She claims she's this educated, well rounded person...but she doesn't present herself as being so. 

She preaches about healthy lifestyles (living on a high carb, plant-based, and preferably raw-vegan diet), but she doesn't seem like the picture of health to me, at all. Being so thin that you can see your rib cage, not because of genetics but because of what your diet looks like, isn't healthy. I don't like commenting on other's body-types, but since she has no problem doing it to others in a really hateful manner, I don't see an issue. All I ever see her eat on the few videos I watched (before I got too angry) are her making these HUGE smoothies, eating HUGE portions of food, etc. I get that when you eat the way she does, one needs to consume more in order to get enough fuel for your body. However, I don't think it's a safe or sustainable way of life.

Freelee seems to think everyone should follow her chosen lifestyle in order to save the planet...or something to that effect. I don't have a degree in nutrition, but I don't think just because she does and chooses to live the way she is living, gives her the right or the superiority to TELL others how to eat and live their lives.

I know I'm rambling, but her videos make me sooooo angry

She states she's all for helping people 'be all they can be' but she has no problem tearing people down in a video if it means she'll get more Youtube video views...cough, MONEY. Ugh.  Just no. She has no limits it seems. She'll "educate" you on diabetes but completely demolish a person who has an eating disorder (whether it's anorexia or compulsive eating). 

I'm all for people living their lives the way they want to as long as it's not harmful...but she's breaking that rule. And clearly you are not truly happy with your life when you feel the need to do what she does. What she's preaching is extremely harmful, and I'm not even talking about her high carb, vegan lifestyle. She preaches about "You're fat and are going to die," or "Why are you so fat?" It scares me that individuals who may be young and/or questioning their lifestyle will actually listen and allow themselves (maybe unknowingly) to be brain washed by this woman.

You don't need to be a vegan to be a good person or even a half-way decent human being. You don't have to be stick thin to be beautiful or healthy. You don't need to die if you eat meat. What this woman is spreading is hate and I am just not down with that.

She even says "People abuse me in the comments of my videos." Really, Freelee? What would you call what you're doing and making a profit off of?

The video that really tipped me off? Here, for your viewing pleasure. It's called, "Why I'm Superior to You."--Lovely, right? 


Also, this gem (it's about killing people who eat meat and dairy):




What do you think about Freelee?

Don't forget to breathe (even when enraged).
--Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment