So you'll need:
- Whole wheat or regular tortillas (I used flour ones because no way I was going to pay 5 bucks for whole wheat)
- Hummus (I made my own)
- Shredded chicken breast
- Lettuce or spinach (any green you like, really)
- Brown rice (I added broccoli to mine)
- Salsa and or hot sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cheese-optional (I didn't use any)
First, microwave the tortillas with a damp paper towel over top to soften 'em (I think two is a serving for a really hungry person). Then, lay down the hummus so that everything else has something to stick to. Think of it as the re-fried beans on a burrito. You can add as little or as much as you'd like. Next, add your lettuce, chicken and other things. You can add cheese, hot sauce, anything you want...but I only added about half a tablespoon of salsa to each of mine. All that's left is to roll 'em up and you're done :D.
- You can add beans to this if you'd like, instead of chicken, as your protein.
- You could use huge lettuce leaves as your burrito's shell instead of the tortillas.
- You can add anything at all to these, but make sure it's healthy! Things like bean sprouts, tomatoes, etc!
- If you prepare all of your ingredients before hand, like I did, it's super quick and easy and it makes you want to eat the healthy version more. Just because it's as simple as going to the drive through.